DashExpander is a snippet abbreviation expander. It saves you from typing countless keys for frequently used pieces of text. Abbreviation Expansion supports placeholders which can be edited before pasting, without disrupting your work.
- Collect text snippets that you reuse often.
- Sync by saving your library in Dropbox.
- Placeholders can be edited before pasting.
- Abbreviations are expanded wherever you type them.
- Tag Cloud scales tags based on usage count.
- Built for speed. Searching is almost instant.
- Menu item application, always one keyboard shortcut away.
- Multi-Touch Gestures.
Special Snippet Placeholders:
- @clipboard expands into the contents of the clipboard.
- @cursor repositions the cursor after expansion.
- @date expands into the current date.
- @time expands into the current time.
Note to developers and designers: you should check out Dash, which has all of DashExpander's features, and more.
In-snippet searching (CMD+F) will now occur in the main search field. Anything that comes after a space will be searched inline.
In-snippet searching will now highlight all search results.
Minor improvements and bug fixes related to snippet creation and management (e.g. the current cursor position is now preserved when you save the snippet).